Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Parker..

The other night we were outside playing before we went in for the night to do the whole bedtime routine, and we found Parker over by Aubree's Magnolia tree. It is the tree that has her nameplate with it, and we even put some stepping stones around it that have the rest of our names on them. We got that wonderful gift from some good friends of ours as a housewarming gift, and we thought it would be an appropriate place to put them. Anyways. We found him talking to Aubree and looking up in the sky. I got tears in my eyes because he was talking to his sister even though he never met her. He was looking up into Heaven and telling her some things that he obviously wanted her to know. He continues to surprise me every day. He can be all boy sometimes and drive me crazy, but then he can be so sweet and loving the next minute. Carley continues to ask about going to see Aubree, but she has now said that she will go once she is older. I of course say, "Please let that be the case." I would love for them to meet her, but I don't think I could handle them meeting her just yet! I believe my kids will always have a place in their heart for their baby sister even though they never met her. They know she existed and that she is a part of our family. I always wonder if we talk about her too much or if we dwell on her not being here too much, but I think that we are doing things right. I want them to have a relationship with her in some way or another, and if they want to talk to her in Heaven then so be it! I would love it if they could develop a relationship with her caretaker early on in their lives. Their lives will be so much more full if they do that..She is still teaching us all..

No comments:

Post a Comment