Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some Days You Just Need to Scream!!

I am having one of those days today..I have an extremely busy week this week trying to get ready for Carley's birthday this weekend plus Carley started soccer twice a week at night...and now Parker has come down with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease..when will she get it? Wouldn't that be a nice birthday present? We are the last of our play group to get it so hopefully it will leave us all alone once and for all after my kids get through it. I am just praying that she doesn't get it very badly if she gets it at all. Parker just has the fever and bad sore throat so far..I am hoping he doesn't get the blisters like some of his little friends have gotten. I know it can be pretty painful for them..I just have so many fun things planned for her, and I would hate it if she doesn't even enjoy the birthday cake that she has been looking forward to for so long now. I guess it is out of my hands at this point. I just hope that after this episode of sickness we can remain healthy in this house for a while. My kids are generally healthy kids and this past summer has been really hard on them for some reason. I think we have been to the doctor more in two weeks then we have been in two years including routine check-ups..it is just crazy! I just feel like I am going to drive myself crazy. Not only do I have anxiety issues because of Miss Aubree, but now my other kids are giving me issues. I just need to get a handle on all of this..I am a mess sometimes! I was really bad today, and I thought that I might just drive myself crazy! The part that kills me is that I know I am doing it to myself. I wish I could just wave a magic wand that calmed me down, but I am not having much luck with even reciting some scripture verses in my head. I am trying to have faith and to just believe that God is in control of everything, but I sometimes allow the anxiety to take over. It is amazing what psychological issues can do to your body. I have felt physical complications as a result of my anxiety..It is almost debilitating sometimes. I am just praying that my kids get a mild version of this so we can enjoy Carley's birthday this weekend with my parents and in-laws. I guess the positive out of all of this is that they are building more immunities...:)

1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! I hope things settle down and the sickness stays away from the birthday girl! I know what you mean about the anxiety. I hate it! I wished that it would take a permanent hike! Praying for you and your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete