Saturday, February 13, 2010

Two Balloons

I brought two Valentine balloons home for my two little valentines yesterday afternoon. I never thought a balloon could bring so much joy to someone...Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all get so excited about a balloon? For us it seems to take so much more to bring us joy...kids have the power to show us how it can take so little to make us happy if we allow it...Those same two balloons also gave my kids intense grief last night. Carley ended up popping hers somehow and she just couldn't get past that her balloon was gone...I sort of share Carley's feelings right now only my grief is a bit more real in the whole scheme of things. She just wanted to replace that balloon with a new one that wasn't broken. Wouldn't we all love to do that for Aubree? I would love nothing more then to fix her heart and to fix every other problem that she is facing...I would love to make her perfect again...unfortunately just like the balloon the only way to fix it would be to replace it..I don't want to replace Aubree...she can never be replaced because she is perfect and beautiful and such a blessing to us...How could you ever even think about replacing something so perfectly made? I can sit here and wallow in self pity all day long, but where is that going to get me? I had a very good friend tell me one time about how she looked at her life once she her son was diagnosed with another rare disorder known as Dandy Walker...she told me she kept thinking "why me?" She then started thinking "why not me?" She felt that if God thought so much of her to give her a son who would need the extra love and support she was going to be honored..What an amazing way to look at things...She might be the strongest woman I know, and I am so thankful for her example. Her life is by no means easy, but she is a fantastic mother and she is able to look at the bright side of life instead of always being negative. We need more women like her in this world. I want to turn out like her...

As for me..I think I am going to take joy in something simple..maybe really enjoy the balloons with my kids or maybe just enjoy watching the snow fall outside...Life is full of blessings..we just have to realize that everything we have and every experience we go through is one of them even if it might not make sense right now...

1 comment: