Monday, May 10, 2010

God is Good..

To all of you who have written be beautiful emails in response to my blog posting this morning..thank you..You are the people that I can always count on and who truly seem to care. I am so thankful to have you praying for me and always checking in on me! I really appreciate you all. I just don't know if I will have time to respond to your emails anytime soon since my slave-driver of a husband is making me work in the yard nonstop! :) I still love him regardless because of how much he loves me and how he takes such good care of me when I can't..Anyways. I just felt compelled to write again today because as you know I have been very bitter about people not acting like they cared. I opened up my devotional today and that is what the whole message was about..how some people never acknowledge our pain..God really was speaking to me today..Reading through Isaiah 53 I realized how much Jesus suffered too.."He was despised and rejected-a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way when he went by. He was despised, and we did not care." Isaiah 53:3. Wow..He felt the same way that I do..that some people just didn't care. The writer of my devotional, Nancy Guthrie, mentioned about how when people ignore the pain they just make the pain that much worse for us..so very true. I understand that some people just don't know how to talk to me about it or know what to say so they say nothing at all. The problem with that is that it only makes my pain much worse because it appears that they don't care at all. I know everyone deals with things differently, but if you really think about it who wouldn't want to hear something simple from people that you think care about you..It could even just be an "I'm thinking about you" or even an "I'm sorry." That is it..You don't have to have the right words, you don't have to know what to say, and you certainly don't have to take any drastic measures to let me know you care about my pain..Ignoring it just makes it worse..So for all of you who don't ignore my pain..thank you. You have provided more comfort to me then I can even express, and I love you all..

No comments:

Post a Comment