Friday, May 7, 2010

Guest Room..

We now have a guest room. I bought the mattress last weekend, and it came in pretty quickly. We took the crib apart and set up the furniture for a guest room. I am still keeping the door closed though at this point. It does feel nice having a place for my in-laws and other family and friends to stay though. While I was setting it up Parker came in and asked if this was Baby Aubree's bed. I wonder how long that room will be hers in all of our minds..

I have actually been very bitter the last few days, but I all of a sudden am at peace. I have been reading through my new devotional thanks to my sister-in-law, and I have found some really good passages that have provided great peace. Lamentations 3 has been wonderful because it talks about being bitter, but it also talks about having hope. "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him." Lamentations 3:25. I am taking great comfort in that right now..I keep trying to remind myself to stay focused on having hope..God will provide for all of my needs in time. I just have to remember that it is his timing and not mine. I may not get my answers that I so desperately seek right now, but I will know one day why we are going through this. As for now I feel at peace. Sure it still bothers me that certain people have basically acted like we went through nothing, but I know that in the whole scheme of things it really doesn't matter. As long as I am not that kind of person then that is all I need to worry about.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's amazing what you have done. So difficult, but so powerful. I am thinking of you and little Aubree. I hope your Mother's day is a blessed one. Love to you friend, Kristie

    ReplyDelete