Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just So Sad..

I am glad that I finally have the chance to go and look at memorials for Aubree today because I can't stand the fact that she has nothing marking her grave other then the temporary cross we put there...it is not meant for outdoor use so hopefully it is holding up..I am dreading actually picking one though..how do you chose one that is right for your child? I have looked at so many on the internet, and I haven't found one that seems to be the right fit..I have been thinking about using the scripture verse from her memorial on her actual grave marker. I just want it to be perfect for her, but I know that it never will be..it really doesn't matter anyways..it is just a place for me to visit and a place for her body to rest..it is not her...It is only her physical being..It just makes me so sad that I have to do this at all. I should be picking out some new clothes for her or a new blanket..not a grave marker. It just seems so wrong and so unfair. I just hope we can find something that is "worthy" of her..I just miss her so much, and I find myself looking at her picture on my computer all of the time...I would like nothing more then to just hold her again..

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through facebook. I too have lost a daughter. She was nine years old when she went to heaven and I miss her every day. It took me a year to pick out her grave stone. I wanted it to be perfect, to capture who she was and who she is. I do love what we ended up picking out but I also know that there is no way to capture all that our children mean to us on a stone marker. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself about it. Her life is honored by the way you are living yours every day.

    ReplyDelete