Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tree #1


We planted the first tree in honor of Aubree today in our backyard because it was the best place for it to get the amount of sun that it needs to thrive. It is a beautiful Magnolia Ann. I have never had one before so I am excited for it to grow and to bloom since the flowers are such a pretty color. The tree even came with an engraved name plate to put with the tree. We have figured out a way to put it near the tree so it won't get damaged with our severe winters that we have at times. The tree is so tiny, but it is honestly perfect because she was so tiny..I love that I can see it every time I go outside, and it is always going to remind me of her...not that I need much to remind me these days! Everything I come across makes me think of her in some way or another! I also love the fact that so many people have offered to get a tree in honor of her..my whole yard will be full of her! I think it is a wonderful way to honor her, and I can't thank everyone enough for their gifts..The one that was planted today was from my best friends from high school. I know it is meant to be in honor of her, but I will always think of them when I see it too because they were so generous in remembering her. I don't keep in touch with all of them very often, but they are still there for me..that says a lot about their true characters..I hope that I am able to see them all soon so I can thank them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment